Executive Assistant (part-time)
Kids First Law Center seeks a 20-30 hour per week (candidate’s choice) Executive Assistant to support and partner closely with the Executive Director in scheduling and communications management as well as performing other clerical functions. The Executive Assistant attends to day-to-day tasks so the Executive Director can prioritize the organization’s vision and strategy. The Executive Assistant also works in collaboration with the Director of Operations, Development Director, and attorneys in the office.
Kids First is a nonprofit, child-focused conflict resolution center. Kids First helps children through conflict in their families by providing legal representation to kids in high-conflict custody and divorce cases, educational workshops about divorce for children, and mediation for separated parents. Kids First also helps children resolve conflict with their peers through a restorative justice program in Cedar Rapids schools.
Kids First is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and strives to create a positive experience for all people regardless of their race, color, income, age, appearance, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, nationality, social or ethnic origin, religion or creed.
POSITION’S PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Executive Director’s daily work routine
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar and efficiently coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments and speaking engagements
- Keep the Executive Director advised of time-sensitive and priority issues and track deadlines
- Schedule Board of Directors meetings, assist in preparing board agenda, and distribute meeting materials
- Prepare, organize, and maintain important legal and strategic documents
- Assist the Executive Director in developing slides and materials for presentations
- Coordinate aspects of special projects such as Meet Kids First luncheons, fundraisers and donor stewardship events, and mass mailings
- Answer and respond to phone calls with tact and diplomacy
- Record staff meeting minutes
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism in interacting and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work assignments and deadlines
- Consistent and reliable task completion
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree or AA in office administration preferred
- At least three year’s proven experience in administrative support functions is ideal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other frequently used software
Kids First has a committed team environment with an egalitarian pay scale where all employees make the same hourly wage of $31.25/hour. Generous benefits include 6 weeks PTO, sabbatical leave, and IRA contributions. Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans are also available with premiums paid by the employee.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of references addressed to Ms. Cheri Mase-Reider at email@example.com.