Kids First Law Center is a nonprofit that gives children a voice in divorce and custody conflicts by providing focused legal representation and services for kids. Kids First is seeking a full-time office manager and program coordinator for its Des Moines office.
Position Summary: The office manager and program coordinator in Kids First Law Center’s satellite office in Des Moines is often the first point of contact for people contacting Kids First. He/she interacts with staff attorneys, volunteers, donors, and program participants. This position supports the efficient and effective management of the office. Half of the duties involve coordinating Kids First divorce workshops for 700 Polk County children annually. If desired, this person will have the opportunity to lead educational workshops for school-age children whose parents are divorcing.
The office manager and program coordinator works in the office with two attorneys and a part-time development director, as well as interacting with volunteers and an advisory board of community leaders.
• assist the attorneys on staff
• handle in-person and telephone inquiries
• coordinate online registrations, scheduling and staffing of Kids First divorce workshops for children
• recruit, train, coordinate, and supervise volunteers
• manage the office budget
• maintain office technology and coordinate equipment procurement
• contribute to the team efforts in fundraising (events, grants, mailings)
• cultivate relationships with community members
• work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids office manager
• maintain procedures and office operations
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Discretion with confidential matters
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• IT skills (Intermediate) and website experience ideal
Salary & Benefits: Kids First has a committed team environment with an egalitarian pay scale. Salary is $60,000 annually plus generous benefits including 6 weeks PTO, long-term disability insurance, sabbatical leave, and IRA contributions. Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans are also available with premiums paid by employee.
Application Process: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, references to email@example.com or:
Jenny Schulz, Executive Director
Kids First Law Center
420 6th Street SE, Suite 160
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401